This individual is responsible for oversight of the Woonsocket Education Center and coordination of facilities and services within our tenant space; serve in an administrative capacity to the assistant commissioner of workforce/executive director to provide critical administrative support; and perform private clerical and administrative duties of a complex and responsible nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and leading the charge of facilities to ensure minimum disruption of the business core activities.
- Ensures assigned equipment is in proper working order and available for use.
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Receives, manages, and processes all facility and visitor requests; ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Acts as liaison between employees and any outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems.
- Drafts and implements preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment.
- Ensures safety standards are followed throughout facility.
- Responding quickly to emergencies that arise in workplaces and dealing with them appropriately.
- Maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as needed.
- Assist visitors with basic computer and technology issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree required. Minimum of three years of experience in a complex administrative role, preferably in education and/or facilities setting, with responsibility for procedural development; demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to work non-standard hours.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience working with students and faculty in the higher education environment.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and to work with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven environment, balancing multiple priorities, ability to handle information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to interpret institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
This is a full-time, non-classified, non-union position. The pay grade is 7, and the position reports to the assistant commissioner for workforce/executive director. Position will remain open until filled.